When you have a vision to share and people to manage, others are infectious to how you behave. This is because people will be influenced by the example they are set, whether good or bad. We look to others to improve ourselves and pursue excellence.
- Be a leader first
- Know your people
- Set clear goals
- Follow up and review
- Be people focused and a mentor.
- Be a leader: share the vision. Are you exuding excellence? Look to be the best you can through your actions, and follow up with self-reflection.
- Know your people: a problem can only be solved when it is first understood. Since you are orchestrating what people do and how they do it, it is critical to match their best attributes to activities and tasks. Some people are naturally better suited to certain activities. Be aware of these strengths and weaknesses, the likes and dislikes of your group of people. Listen and be receptive to those things.
- Set clear and obtainable goals; monitor those goals. A common problem people complain about is not having clear instructions with measurable goals. However in contrast, by achieving a measurable goal it will give a person a sense of accomplishment and a clear opportunity for feedback, encouragement and review. This leads to a sense of self-worth and contribution.
Always give feedback, whether positive or constructive criticism.
- Follow up and guide them; help them resolve problems. It’s often said a ‘problem shared is a problem halved’. By taking an interest in others problems, it will show them that you are interested in understanding the situation and resolving the problems.
- Be people focused and a mentor. Engaging in a relationship of cooperation will facilitate better performance and thereby improved results. Being available and visible to your group will provide the connections and trust people will value for life.
We have created an app, Personizer, that will help you manage any group of People and be able to implement these practices. Manage your employees, your kids, your customers, your students and most importantly manage yourself. We are all called to be managers of our own life.
HOLD THE DOOR, HODOR! Getmore tips and updates...
There's more amazing content we'd like to share with you. Pop your email in and read the rest of the content immediately. We'll occasionally let you know when there is big news on the app releases and that's all. We never spam, your privacy is super important to us.